Stock Transfer Gift
Thank you for your interest in making a charitable gift to Outdoor Afro in the form of a Stock Transfer.
For stock held in brokerage accounts, your broker can assist you in making a gift of stock via a direct transfer to Outdoor Afro. Giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may provide better tax benefits than giving cash. Your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the stock and you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original cost of the stock. You may also save on brokerage fees because you are transferring ownership rather than selling the stock.
If you would like to make a donation of stock to Outdoor Afro (tax ID# 47-3094045), please note the following:
- Brokerage House: Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated
- Account Name: Outdoor Afro
- Account Number: 62V-02014
- Financial Advisor: Hurd Jorgensen Group
- Telephone Number: 510.208.3828
- DTC Number: 0671
- Reference: Donor Name (Including your name will ensure the gift is properly acknowledged.)
For mutual fund gifts, or for gifts of stock not held in a brokerage account, please contact the Hurd Jorgensen Group listed above.